Opensearch dashboards 2.3.0 region maps not working

Hi team,
I am facing an issue with opensearch dashboards 2.3.0.
I had world countries default vector map with Join field 3166-1alpha-3 Code which was working in OSD 1.2.0 but is not working in OSD 2.3.0.

Kindly can somebody look into this and provide any suggestions.
Attaching screenshots for OSD1.2.0 and OSD2.3.0

Thanks in advance,
Tejas

+1 on this one. The three letter country codes and name based joins stopped working after moving to 2.3

Hello @tejashu - I’ve moved this over to the appropriate category. Sounds like you and @shamzeeros are seeing the same issue. I’ve not heard of this reported before - let me ping some of the Dashboards team on it.

Thanks for bringing to our attention. @junqiu @Vijay are looking into it. We will provide update soon

1 Like

Hi,

There is also issue in mapping.
1.This is my data set. index is test_states

1. With default map and Usa states as vector map with join field Name(en). It is not able to map the join fields:

3.With custom map and Usa_state vector map and join field as Name . Only Florida is able to map. Attaching the geojson for the custom map which is for USA states got from the source Cartographic Boundary Files - Shapefile

Could you please let us know if you are facing this issue.

Hi, I’m having a similar issue. My geo data is stored as a string for US states (ie CA, TX, etc) and I can’t get the map visualization to work when setting to ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 Code.

At first I thought the issue was that the geo data technically needed to be stored as “US-CA”, “US-TX”, etc to be an exact match for ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 Codes. But even after doing a static lookup to change the format from, for example, CA to US-CA, it didn’t work.

Sorry if this is a off the mark - I am a new user - but any help is appreciated. Thought it might be the same issue as the original poster had.

+1.

I am having similar issue. The region map functionality is broken for me too in testing with version 2.3.0.

Can you please let us know when this will be fixed?

Thanks for reporting the issue. We identified the issue and merged fix. I am current working on including this fix in 2.5. If possible, we will backport to 2.4, hence, this will be available in future 2.4 patch version too.

3 Likes

Thank you for your response Vijay,

Could you please let us know if we could track this with github link for the fix!
So that we could take the fix whenever it is available.

Thanks,
Tejas

Yeah sure.

2 Likes

Thanks Vijay.

I see that American Samoa, District of Columbia, Guam, United States Virgin Island are not part of the default vector map of United States in OpenSearch-dashboards. The geojson file is as below:

https://vectors.maps.search-services.aws.a2z.com/vectors/usa_states.geo.json

Is it possible to include them.
Please let me know if it is possible or would it be taken care in future releases of OpenSearch-dashboards.

Thanks,
Tejas

Hi @tejashu ,
We don’t have plans to update any of existing geojson at this moment, i will create a ticket in Github for follow up.
In the meantime, have you tried custom import vector map from Region map? You can use this feature to build your own map, and join with your index pattern.

Hi Vijay,

I did try the custom import vector map for the USA postal codes.
But the join fields are not joining for all Its able to map some and not map others.

1>The sample data set that was created with 4 postal codes

2>All the postal codes are not shown on the region map.

3> The geojson file that is used for custom vector map.

Kindly let me know if something is wrong and provide your suggestions.

Thanks,
Tejas

@tejashu I think what you are doing is correct. It should join with all the documents. Let me take a look into it. Thanks again for reporting this.

1 Like

@Vijay Thanks Vijay for the response.
Please let me know if you found any solution or if there is an issue I could track.
Thanks once again

I created Github issue [BUG] Allow custom vector map to load entire index to join with index pattern · Issue #220 · opensearch-project/dashboards-maps · GitHub

1 Like

Thanks very much @Vijay

Hi @Vijay ,

Any update on the issue?

Thanks,
Tejas