Beats management on Opensearch

Will Opensearch support an interface to manage beats configurations like Elastic Beats Management?

I would assume no since the beats products are no longer open source and should be considered proprietary to Elastic BV. I would suggest using things like Fluentd/Fluentbit, Vector, OpenTelemetry, or other open source technologies versus the beats. I am sure Elastic BV will be putting in breaking changes regularly into the beats to force users to their stack versus the open-source path. Your choice to lock in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beats is technically still open source software - it’s Apache 2.0. However, being open source ‘in spirit’ is in question from my personal perspective due to the license check when connecting to Elasticsearch.

@paripooranan Net/net: I’ve not heard any plans to build anything like that. However, this is open source, so if you want to suggest something, you can submit a feature request.

1 Like

I would argue that it’s not since much of the functionality is in x-pack which has a non-OSS license. Either way expect breaking changes :slight_smile:

1 Like