Windows version for OpenSearch

Hi all,

There used to be a Windows version for OpenSearch in the roadmap (in version 1.3 as far as I remember). But now I no longer see it in the roadmap. Is there any plan to have such version released?

Thanks

Hi @asfoorial - you’re the second person to ask about distributions. I’m going to have to go over our roadmap and make sure that there’s a link to the info you’re asking about, which is right here:

OpenSearch distributions · GitHub - We have a different roadmap to track work on the work on various distributions that might be of some immediate use to you.

Is that what you were looking for?

Also - please feel free to comment and get involved in the discussion going on there. I’m sure there’s others waiting on the Windows release. They may be emboldened to participate also if they see someone else using the same thing they are.

Nate

We really could use community help on picking up the many open items in [Meta] OpenSearch / OpenSearch Dashboards - Windows distribution (X64) · Issue #33 · opensearch-project/opensearch-build · GitHub for Windows. Several are low hanging fruit of rewriting bash scripts to work on windows.

2 Likes