OpenSearch Windows Version

Hello,
We currently run elasticsearch opendistro on Windows server 2019. We were looking to move into Opensearch but I have yet to see the same support provided for Windows as was provided in Elasticsearch opendistro. Anything would be helpful thank you.

1 Like

Windows support for OpenSearch is not on the roadmap until 1.3.0 (Jan 25).

1 Like

Thank you for the reply!

There’s a dozen low hanging fruit issues known and that will need to be addressed to produce a proper native Windows distribution, starting with .bat quickstarts, which I think are a great way to learn your way around OpenSearch. If anyone is looking to contribute, start at [Meta] OpenSearch / OpenSearch Dashboards - Windows distribution (X64) · Issue #33 · opensearch-project/opensearch-build · GitHub.

1 Like

Thank you, I wish I knew java more and could help out

1 Like

As far as the .bat quick starts what needs to be done there? Not sure what I could help with who would I talk to?

@ghostintheESXi I would say [Bug]: Windows build packages opensearch-tar-install.sh · Issue #828 · opensearch-project/opensearch-build · GitHub and Add a script that generates a demo configuration on Windows · Issue #1476 · opensearch-project/security · GitHub are good places to start.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I will review this.

1 Like