Re-use dashboard in multiple tenants but different filter

Hi all,

So, I have a dashboard already, but now I’m trying to re-use it in multiple tenants, so it can be used by different teams (different permissions) - but each dashboard will have to be filtered to show data for each specific team (imagine there’s a tag in the documents ‘team_id’: ‘team-1’).

1. Is there a way to achieve this without having to add the filter to all visualizations in each dashboard/tenant?
  2. Is there a way to apply a “global” filter to a dashboard, something like “Document level security” feature in role definition -Tried it, but does not seem to do the job, lost access to the dashboard.
  3. Or perhaps, it is not even necessary to use tenants in the first place and this can all be done - somehow - in the existing dashboard (not likely, from what I’ve investigated)?

Anyway, hope this is not a dummy question, as I’m still finding my way around dashboards.

Thanks a lot!
Cheers!

Hi there,

For everyone else’s benefit, eventually, I was able to make it work, using the “Document level security” (DLS), together with a user profile attribute, working as the filter value. This way I can even use a single tenant/dashboard… priceless feature.

I mentioned that I had lost access to the dashboard once I set up the query for DLS in the role, but I believe it was because I was using the “*” wildcard in the index, instead of the actual index name. After this change, the user was able to access the dashboard again.

Cheers!