Aiven offers OpenSearch as a service

Hopefully this doesn’t come over as a sales pitch, but more a measure of ecosystem health: We (Aiven) now offer OpenSearch as a managed service (announcement is here if you’re interested Announcing Aiven for OpenSearch | Aiven blog).

We join other project members including AWS, Bonsai, Instaclustr and probably others (Logz.io have it in their stack also) in offering this awesome project as a service! Quite a few of our customers are impatient to upgrade and that process has been pretty painless so far. I just wanted to drop in and share this update with all of you, who are active in the wider project alongside us :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That is fantastic news!

Great! Do you also offer on-prem deployments and support?

Thanks

1 Like

@lornajane I am happy to hear your news! didn’t sound sales-pitchy at all:)))
could you share more on the upgrade process for existing clusters? Are you performing the upgrade blue-green deployment style or an in-place one?

1 Like

There was actually info about this in their webinar yesterday. @lornajane do you have a play back of that? I think it might be of interest to folks here.

1 Like

Thanks everyone! We don’t offer on-prem, it’s a managed service.

I don’t think the webinar replay is up yet but I will go hunting and come back to you on that.

@amitai it depends what you are doing: migrations are blue-green, and you literally get a picture of blue and green circles while it’s happening :slight_smile: The elasticsearch->opensearch upgrade is in place (I edited this answer after some research!) as I think most of our major version upgrades are.

2 Likes

Great news for the OS ecosystem, the more demand, the healthier it will be.

2 Likes

Webinar replay released! Find it here Why you should switch to OpenSearch with Heikki Nousiainen - Aiven Webinar - YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks! looking forward to watching this:)