Unable to search for index patterns on Discover Menu through keywords

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):
Opensearch-Dashboards 2.11.1

Describe the issue:

I can’t search for index patterns on the Discover Menu simply by typing keywords and get relevant search results…

It just turns those keywords from the index to bold but I still have to scroll down and look for the right index pattern. I think this might be a bug, or a really annoying feature. I’m also fairly certain this wasn’t a problem a few version prior

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

This is what it did. The keyword is bold (which makes it a bit easier to identify when looking for the right index pattern) but I had to scroll down and find it anyways.

I looked for opened issues here and on github and I couldn’t find anyone else mentioning this “bug” so I’ll take any feedback on this…

Note: This isn’t a major problem, just annoying when you have many index patterns to scroll through

@vmm-afonso You’re correct, this wasn’t an issue in the previous version of Discovery. The new UI was introduced in version 2.10.0.
Could you report it in GitHub OpenSearch Dashboards?

Please share the link here to the GitHub issue once created.

Hey @pablo, thank you for the quick feedback. I just opened an issue on github to report this bug as you suggested.

GitHub Issue: [BUG] Unable to search for index patterns on Discover Menu through keywords · Issue #5681 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch-Dashboards · GitHub

I will be looking out for updates, ty