Unable to delete deprecated destination

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

• OpenSearch v2.7.0
  • ALMA9
  • Safari / Firefox

Describe the issue:
I understand that Destinations have been deprecated, in favour of Notifications plugin. Now, I can see the deprecated destination under the Alerting and I want to delete it. According to the documentation (of the current release) there’s a DELETE API, however when trying to use it I get:

DELETE _plugins/_alerting/destinations/bDc7yIEB8OMekcTRynWQ
{
  "error" : "Incorrect HTTP method for uri [/_plugins/_alerting/destinations/bDc7yIEB8OMekcTRynWQ?pretty=true] and method [DELETE], allowed: [GET]",
  "status" : 405
}

Unfortunately I guess this deprecated Destination is producing INFO logs like:

Detected cluster change event for destination migration

as found on the codebase here.

Essentially my goal is to get rid of that log being produced constantly…
I have found this on the documentation:

Q: What happens if any destinations fail to migrate? A: If a destination failed to migrate, the monitor will continue using it until the monitor is migrated to a notification channel. You don’t need to do anything in this case.

That does not sound reassuring, as I don’t see how the corrupted destination will ever get transformed into Notification channel. And since it is never fixed, I’ll always be getting that above log.

Is there some kind of disruptive way to delete that Destination?

bump. Providing a solution to the above I believe is a pretty viable request, let’s not let the thread close :upside_down_face:

Maybe you can try to delete the destination from the system index: .opendistro-alerting-config, all configurations of alerting monitors and destinations are stored in that index, you can check that index by search api: GET .opendistro-alerting-config/_search and then delete the destination config by DELETE .opendistro-alerting-config/{_id}, but because the index is a system index, so you need to authenticate with a cert to execute the search and delete api, see this: System indexes - OpenSearch documentation

Many thanks for the suggestion, indeed good idea. Unfortunately after deleting them and also deleting entries from keystore (I had things like opendistro.alerting.destination.email.myuser.username) still the log pops up. Seems like a curse.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.