Detected cluster change event for destination migration

I have an Opensearch cluster I upgraded from 1.3.3 to 2.2.0 last week. Ubuntu 20.04
The upgrade seemed to be successful, all the nodes in the cluster report as connected and as version 2.2.0. No apparent problems.
However, all the nodes are now occasionally spamming this log message, which seems suspicious to me:

[INFO ][o.o.a.u.d.DestinationMigrationCoordinator] [my-node-name] Detected cluster change event for destination migration

This message is a little concerning. As if some step of the upgrade never finished.
I am confident I didn’t skip a node somewhere, and have even restarted all the nodes twice just for good measure.

Any ideas what could be going on? What does this message mean? If this is indicative of some unfinished step in the upgrade, what could it be?

Hi,

I have recently upgraded from opendistro to opensearch 1.0 → 1.1 → 2.0 and so on. And now I am on 2.4.1.

I am seeing the same messages along with cannot move shards messages. But my cluster health from the dev tools seems fine after a while and all shards seems to be active. But my opensearch statefulset is getting restarted every 4-5 minutes continuously and when it is running for those brief 4-5 minutes, I was able to browse logs, security from the opensearch dashboard just fine.

1 Like

I have the same issue at my 2.9 cluster.
Here are my log entries (every minute):

[date][INFO ][o.o.a.u.d.DestinationMigrationCoordinator] [v480-myco.com] Detected cluster change event for destination migration
[date][INFO ][o.o.a.u.d.DestinationMigrationCoordinator] [v480-myco.com] Performing migration of destination data.
[date][INFO ][k.j.i.ClassReference     ] [v480-myco.com] Need to migrate 0 email accounts, 0 email groups and 0 destinations (0 configs total)
[date][INFO ][o.o.a.u.d.DestinationMigrationCoordinator] [v480-myco.com] Cancel background destination migration process.
[date][INFO ][o.o.a.u.d.DestinationMigrationCoordinator] [v480-myco.com] Performing migration of destination data.
[date][INFO ][k.j.i.ClassReference     ] [v480-myco.com] Destination migration has finished.