New features in MAPS?

Hello,

I’ve got several questions about the MAPS feature in OS Dashboards :

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):
I’m using the latest version (2.11.1) with a Firefox browser

Describe the issue:
Many questions concerning the new MAPS :

• If I only have a few points in Europe, is it possible to have an autozoom on this specific geographic area instead of zooming manually? It was a default behavior in the previous maps
  • Is it possible to filter values directly using the tooltips menu? I don’t find how to do so
  • I have a strange behavior also : when I design the maps (using the MAPS menu) I’m able to draw a rectangle or a polygon to filter values but not from the Dashboard. I don’t see the option. Am I missing something?
  • Last question : In the previous maps, the default map was based on OpenStreetMap and it was great since it was possible to see the names of the roads, etc. Now, the new map seems based on OpenMapTiles. Is it possible to use the new maps with OpenStreetMap?

Configuration:
Default configuration

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

Hi there,

Any update on theses questions?

Best regards,

i am facing the same issue is there a solution?

• If I only have a few points in Europe, is it possible to have an autozoom on this specific geographic area instead of zooming manually? It was a default behavior in the previous maps

This is a feature we don’t support yet, you could create a feature request with this link on github.

• Is it possible to filter values directly using the tooltips menu? I don’t find how to do so

Same we don’t support yet. you could create a feature request with this link on github.

• I have a strange behavior also : when I design the maps (using the MAPS menu) I’m able to draw a rectangle or a polygon to filter values but not from the Dashboard. I don’t see the option. Am I missing something?

On right top of maps visualization in Dashboards, you could click edit in maps to redirect to Maps page and then edit the filter.

• Last question : In the previous maps, the default map was based on OpenStreetMap and it was great since it was possible to see the names of the roads, etc. Now, the new map seems based on OpenMapTiles. Is it possible to use the new maps with OpenStreetMap?

The maps tiles in new Maps is also generated from OpenStreetMap, it used the default schema from OpenMapTiles. If you still want to use the previous style map, you could use it as a custom map layer with TMS custom type with URL:

https://tiles.maps.opensearch.org/tiles/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

Thanks @junqiu , I just created two feature requests.

Regarding the fact that I can’t draw any form (rectangle or polygon) using the dashboard menu is still a problem. Yes, I can filter data using the MAPS menu but what if I’m using a dashboard and I want to filter data drawing some form?

Best regards,

Got it, it sounds like a feature extension to dashboards as global filter, @Vijay do you have any insight on the draw filter using in dashboards?

@vincent2mots You are right. It is not supported from dashboard yet. Please create a github issue. This will help us to get attention from community and contribution as well.

Thanks @Vijay , I created two github issues :

Best regards,