Maven repository artifacts for plugin development

Is there a plan to distribute maven artifacts to opensearch for plugin developers?

If not, what is the best way to volunteer to create one so that not everyone has to build it from scratch?

Hi, you can deploy locally via gradlew dist and use local maven referencess.
It already works for RC1 and other pre-releases.

Thank you for the suggestion. That is what I ended up doing.

In addition, we have to to do this across multiple engineers in the team as well as on CI/CD pipelines. In my opinion, it is not a scalable option.

This is Publish snapshots and release artifacts to maven · Issue #20 · opensearch-project/opensearch-build · GitHub. In short, we’re working on it. The holdback was around credentials’ management so it has taken a lot longer than I would have liked. Please add your comments to the GitHub issue if you need a specific artifact that’s not captured by it.

Why only snapshots and not also the released artifacts?

For plugin developers it’s IMHO an absolute must have. Local maven repo does not work well with distributed CI environments etc …

So I like to ask to publish all the artifacts (releases and snapshots) to maven central like elastic did it/does it.

We didn’t mean just snapshot. I updated the issue.

Long overdue, but OpenSearch 1.0 GA artifacts are finally in Maven Central here: Central Repository: org/opensearch.

We now are also publishing nightly -SNAPSHOT artifacts here: Index of /repositories/snapshots

See https://github.com/opensearch-project/opensearch-build/issues/20#issuecomment-910728952 for the latest.

1 Like