How can I change dynamic mapping of OD Alerting Index to "True"

Hi Team,
How can I change the dynamic mapping for the “.opendistro-alerting-alerts” index from “strict” to “true”.

I need to enrich new fields to the OD Alerting Index.

Please let me if it’s doable or any other way to address the same.

Any thoughts on it would be highly appreciable.

Able to retrieve the docs present in system hidden indices after making changes in elasticsearch.yml file by making opendistro_seccurity.system_indices.enabled: false

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

@qreshi, @skkosuri-amzn any thought on this.
I beg your pardon for pinging you directly in the post.

Is there any way of enriching the two indexes below? so that I can add new fields to these indexes for ex-Department ID, Department Name, Sales, etc.

Index Purpose
.opendistro-alerting-alerts Stores ongoing alerts.
.opendistro-alerting-alert-history- Stores a history of completed alerts.

If possible dynamic mapping can be changed from “strict” to “true” and new fields can be added, further, I can store both, Active and completed alerts in a single alias index using the below code.

POST /_aliases
{ "actions": [
  { "add": { "index": ".opendistro-alerting-alerts", "alias": "data-alerts" } },
  {"add": {"index": ".opendistro-alerting-alert-history*","alias": "data-alerts"}}
]}

I tried the below steps to change the mapping of the “.opendistro-alerting-alerts” and “.opendistro-alerting-alert-history*” index but no luck.

1.I have cloned “.opendistro-alerting-alerts” to “data-alerts-clone”

POST /.opendistro-alerting-alerts/_clone/data-alerts-clone

output

{
  "acknowledged" : true,
  "shards_acknowledged" : true,
  "index" : "data-alerts-cloned"
}

Then I checked by changing the mapping of data-alerts-cloned index but its throwing error

“reason” : "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters:

1. I checked deleting “.opendistro-alerting-alerts” and “.opendistro-alerting-alert-history*” index and try to create a new index with new mapping, but it’s giving

“reason” : "Root mapping definition has unsupported parameters:

Thank You in Advance!!!

Hi,

This link help is understanding adding Additional Fields in the .opendistro-alerting-alert* index for mapping=strict.