Hi everyone, we at Calyptia recently partnered with the OpenSearch team to build connectors for Fluent Bit and Fluentd. Now we’re looking for a Head of Developer Relations to engage with and build the Fluent community to ensure all our shared users and developer are getting the full value from our solutions.
We are looking for someone who 1) is passionate about open source software and 2) wants to take a leading role in growing our community to solve high scale data collection and processing problems in complex, evolving environments.
LInk to full job description and application below - please feel free to reach out with any questions - Thanks - Timothy
Hey Timothy - that link didn’t work - do you have another one?
Ahh sorry about that - looks like LinkedIn wants one to be logged in to see the listing. I’ll copy in the description below - if interested please feel free to contact me directly
Head of Developer Relations - Fluent Bit, Fluentd
Calyptia is looking for someone to lead Developer Relations. We’ve helped create solutions that add a lot of value to a lot of people, and now we need someone who 1) is passionate about open source software and 2) wants to take a leading role in growing our community to solve high scale data collection and processing problems in complex, evolving environments.
At a high level, you will need to generate broad awareness of Calyptia, Fluentd, and Fluent Bit and build an active user base of these solutions -and you’ll need to communicate with, and learn from, this community to ensure that we continue to develop and evolve products to meet their diverse requirements.
Calyptia was founded in 2020 by the developers and maintainers of Fluent Bit and Fluentd projects. These fast, lightweight, and highly-scalable logging and metrics processors have become the standard unified logging layer in cloud and containerized environments. They are Cloud Native Computing Foundation graduated projects alongside solutions like Kubernetes and Prometheus and have been downloaded over one billion times.
We are a startup, so your responsibilities will be both broad and deep - and we’re moving very quickly so you’ll need to prioritize effectively and establish lightweight processes to ensure you’re making the best use of your time and resources to achieve your many objectives.
- Community Development — Build relationships and develop trust to transform our product user base into an active and engaging community. Ensure that we are listening to users and building solutions that 1) solve their biggest challenges and 2) make their lives easier.
- Product Evangelism — Get out and talk to everyone you can and extol the virtues of using Fluent Bit and Fluentd — convert the masses. You’ll need to become an expert also, to have credibility and to demonstrate how the product works.
- Events — Own and coordinate developer event planning to maximize coverage and product adoption.
- Partner Development — Create programs and messaging to build a network of partners to extend our product capabilities and facilitate developer use.
- Open-Source Product Messaging — Construct product messaging to articulate the value our technology provides, what challenges it solves, and how users can benefit from our solutions now.
- Developer Enablement — Develop a ton of content to support developer discovery and use of our solutions. Establish programs, create materials, conduct training to ensure our users are fully supported. Do everything you can to empower developers.
- Product Input — Develop a process to incorporate all the input you are obtaining through your conversations with end-users into our own product development process to ensure we are building solutions that practitioners want and need.
You will need to be active, visible, and credible to draw attention to our solutions, and you’ll have to be organized and pragmatic to evolve our user base into an active, thriving open source community.
- Hands-on experience as a contributor to open source software projects is highly sought after - experience with Kubernetes, Prometheus or similar projects is a huge plus
- Adaptive personality, highly organized and self-motivating, willing to take ownership and deliver results in a fast-paced environment - should be comfortable with high ambiguity.
- Ability to understand technology at its core functions and articulate the benefits of the technology at a business level
- Comfort and experience with public speaking
- Ability to create written/video product materials
- Expertise in social media engagement
- Innate drive to learn and grow - a want to solve problems and find answers to challenging questions.
@timstephan - Is this the link:
Yes thank you - for some reason appears it initially didn’t paste correctly - thanks for your help!
Still open - let me know if you know anyone looking!