Branding the logo and favicons

Thought I’d share :wink:

The definitions of the title and the favicons are located in the file: /usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/rendering/views/template.js.

There you have the following line for Title definition (Elastic):

/#PURE/_react.default.createElement(“title”, null, “Elastic”), /#PURE/_react.default.createElement(_fonts.Fonts, {
url: uiPublicUrl
}

=============

The favicon files located in this folder:/usr/share/kibana/src/core/server/core_app/assets/favicons

Then, below in that file, you have the favicons paths definition:

/#PURE/_react.default.createElement(“link”, {
rel: “icon”,
type: “image/png”,
sizes: “32x32”,
href: ${uiPublicUrl}/favicons/favicon-32x32.png
}), /#PURE/_react.default.createElement(“link”, {
rel: “icon”,
type: “image/png”,
sizes: “16x16”,
href: ${uiPublicUrl}/favicons/favicon-16x16.png
}),

/*#__PURE__*/_react.default.createElement("link", {
rel: "shortcut icon",
href: `${uiPublicUrl}/favicons/favicon.ico`

})

You can also customize the logon screen via properties in the kibana.yml file; specifically the following:

opendistro_security.basicauth.login.brandimage
opendistro_security.basicauth.login.title
opendistro_security.basicauth.login.subtitle

This appears to be functionality contributed from SearchGuard to ODFE. More info on options available in their doc.

1 Like

Though the SearchGuard doc says it should be an absolute URL, you can use a relative URL. If you are using Kibana docker and have set, for example, brandimage to /plugins/home/assets/logos/logo.svg. Then the place to put your logo in the container will be at /usr/share/kibana/src/plugins/home/public/assets/logos/logo.svg. In fact, the default open distro logo is located here as well as other company logos.

I believe you can place into any directory under src that has a “public” in its name, but I have not tested that fully.