Which Logstash version for OpenSearch 2.0.0?

Hi guys,

I’m trying to configure Logstash to ship data to Opensearch 2.0.0 .
I’m using the latest version 7.16.3 with OpenSearch output plugin, which you can find on your website.
But I’m getting following error, so I guess, that I have to use another version:

[ERROR][logstash.javapipeline    ][main] Pipeline error {:pipeline_id=>"main", :exception=>#<LogStash::ConfigurationError: Could not connect to a compatible version of Elasticsearch>, :backtrace=>["/usr/share/logstash-7.16.3/vendor/bundle/jruby/2.5.0/gems/logstash-output

ecs_compatibility => disabled is set.

Thank you so much!

Elastic supports Elastic Common Schema (ECS) by default, which is not compatible with the OpenSearch Output Plugin. To mitigate the issue, you can set ECS compatibility mode to disabled in your configuration. The OpenSearch Output Plugin has an outstanding issue to set ECS compatibility mode to disabled when installed. If you are interested in contributing to the OpenSearch project, this would be a great way to get started.

I had to install the output plugin manually (like in the blog post below), although I installed the OSS version from your website. Then I had success. Thank you!

1 Like