Upgraded to 1.0.0, lost access to global tenant

I just upgraded OpenDistro (ES and Kibana) from 0.9.0 to 1.0.0, and in the process lost access to the global tenant.

03T13:39:27,554][WARN ][c.a.o.s.c.PrivilegesInterceptorImpl] [monitoring-es-2] Tenant global_tenant is not allowed for user admin`

When I try to run securityadmin, this happens:

[root@monitoring-es-2 tools]# ./securityadmin.sh -key ~user/user.key -cert ~user/user.crt -cacert /etc/elasticsearch/root-ca.pem -h monitoring-es-2 -nrhn -r
WARNING: JAVA_HOME not set, will use /bin/java
Open Distro Security Admin v7
Will connect to monitoring-es-2:9300 … done
ERR: Cannot connect to Elasticsearch. Please refer to elasticsearch logfile for more information
Trace:
NoNodeAvailableException[None of the configured nodes are available: [{#transport#-1}{AKAQl8H2Qkq8K4QgbONsug}{monitoring-es-2}{10.241.0.56:9300}]]
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.ensureNodesAreAvailable(TransportClientNodesService.java:352)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClientNodesService.execute(TransportClientNodesService.java:248)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportProxyClient.execute(TransportProxyClient.java:57)
at org.elasticsearch.client.transport.TransportClient.doExecute(TransportClient.java:386)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:393)
at org.elasticsearch.client.support.AbstractClient.execute(AbstractClient.java:382)
at com.amazon.opendistroforelasticsearch.security.tools.OpenDistroSecurityAdmin.execute(OpenDistroSecurityAdmin.java:519)
at com.amazon.opendistroforelasticsearch.security.tools.OpenDistroSecurityAdmin.main(OpenDistroSecurityAdmin.java:152)

As a result, I can’t see any of our visualizations/dashboards in Kibana (they’re on the Global tenant), nor can I adjust the auth configs to try to give myself permission to access global.

Any help is appreciated.

I’ve added access to Global, but cannot see any of the index patterns or visualizations/dashboards that were defined prior to the upgrade.