No existing channels. but i have a channel

Hello

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

• Server OS : ubuntu 20.04
  • docker(docker compose)
  • opensearch : opensearchproject/opensearch:latest
  • opensearch-dashboards : opensearchproject/opensearch-dashboards:latest

im running in a Docker Compose environment. Below is the docker-compose file I am using:

services:
  opensearch:
    image: opensearchproject/opensearch:latest
    container_name: opensearch_container
    environment:
      - discovery.type=single-node
      - bootstrap.memory_lock=true # Disable JVM heap memory swapping
      - "OPENSEARCH_JAVA_OPTS=-Xms512m -Xmx512m" # Set min and max JVM heap sizes to at least 50% of system RAM
      - OPENSEARCH_INITIAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD=${OPENSEARCH_INITIAL_ADMIN_PASSWORD}
    ulimits:
      memlock:
        soft: -1 # Set memlock to unlimited (no soft or hard limit)
        hard: -1
      nofile:
        soft: 65536 # Maximum number of open files for the opensearch user - set to at least 65536
        hard: 65536
    networks:
      - efk_network
    volumes:
      - "./opensearch-data:/usr/share/opensearch/data"
    ports:
      - "9200:9200"
    expose:
    restart: always

opensearch-dashboard:
    image: opensearchproject/opensearch-dashboards:latest
    container_name: opensearch_dashboard_container
    networks:
      - efk_network
    ports:
      - "5601:5601"
    expose:
      - "5601"
    environment:
      - 'OPENSEARCH_HOSTS="https://opensearch:9200/"'
    restart: always

networks:
  efk_network:
    driver: bridge

Describe the issue:
First, I create a monitor and try to get notified via the trigger’s action, but it says the channel doesn’t exist.
but i have 1 channel.
So I tried recreating the channel, but it still says it doesn’t exist.

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

If I’ve missed something, please let me know.
Thanks!

Can confirm the issue, running in Kubernetes environment using the latest available versions from the helm charts (OS 2.14.0, OSD 2.14.0). Also using the slack notification channel. Also tried to create an SMTP channel, this has the same issues.

The logs are pretty “dry”, no warnings, errors or stack traces in OS or OSD logs. I do however see a failed HTTP request (400 error) in the browser console to the GET <url>/api/notifications/get_configs?from_index=0&max_items=5000&sort_field=name&sort_order=asc with the following reply:

{"statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request","message":"[request query.config_type]: expected at least one defined value but got [undefined]"}

Edit: in Index management, when configuring notifications for index actions, the notification channel is available and visible. Seems to be a problem with the alerting plugin?

I’ve submitted a bug report in Github: [BUG] Dashboard Alerting plugins fails to retrieve available notification channels · Issue #961 · opensearch-project/alerting-dashboards-plugin · GitHub

Edit: it seems this is a bug introduced in v2.14.0 , which should be fixed when [Backport 2.x] Refactored code to account for notifications server features API change by opensearch-trigger-bot[bot] · Pull Request #955 · opensearch-project/alerting-dashboards-plugin · GitHub is merged.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.