Missing permissions for user error when using notifications channel to Slack

Github issue here: [BUG] No cluster-level perm match for User · Issue #2182 · opensearch-project/security · GitHub

But basically, we’ve been having issues with some of our alerts ending up in ERROR state after upgrading to 2.3.0, with the following error message:

Error: Failed running action: org.opensearch.OpenSearchSecurityException: no permissions for [cluster:admin/opensearch/notifications/configs/get] and associated roles [reports_full_access, own_index, itdev, alerting_full_access, anomaly_full_access]

If i go into the logs of one of the OpenSearch data nodes i can see this log appears multiple times:
[2022-10-18T15:02:03,042][INFO ][o.o.s.p.PrivilegesEvaluator] [opensearch-node01] No cluster-level perm match for User [name=plugin, backend_roles=[], requestedTenant=null] Resolved [aliases=[*], allIndices=[*], types=[*], originalRequested=[*], remoteIndices=[]] [Action [cluster:admin/opensearch/notifications/configs/get]] [RolesChecked [reports_full_access, own_index, itdev, alerting_full_access, anomaly_full_access]]. No permissions for [cluster:admin/opensearch/notifications/configs/get]

What strikes me as odd is the “name=plugin” field here; No cluster-level perm match for User [name=plugin

How can i see which user is missing the required permissions? Has anyone else been experiencing something similar?

@victor Do you have the user plugin in use?