Kibana Cross Cluster Search

Hi,

Has anyone had any luck configuring Kibana Index patterns for cross cluster search?

I have configured cross cluster search successfully it seems, in Dev Tools I can issue:

GET /remote_cluster:remote_index/_search

This will return the expected results.

If I do a GET _remote/info in dev tools, everything looks ok and connected=true

If I try and configure an index pattern for remote_cluster:* it fails to find a match.

I noticed in /var/log/messages, as this action is being carried out, it’s doing a post to:

/elasticsearch/remote_cluster:*/_search?ignore_unavailable=true 200

Is the fact that it’s prepending /elasticsearch causing the issue?

I’m running the latest version of OD on CentOS

Cheers

Hi Sirfraz,

l have the same issue, cross cluster seach is working in dev tools, but I cannot create an index pattern.
I am also using the last opendistro elasticsearch/kibana docker image.
I am also using admin as user

If there’s anyone who made it works and explain every steps, it would be helpful.

Actually an issue has been raised, you can see at the bottom of the discussion, a way to reproduce the issue.

https://github.com/opendistro-for-elasticsearch/security/issues/50

Hi Patrice,

Thanks for posting that link, I didn’t come across it in my searching.

Hopefully it can get resolved :+1:

1 Like

Hi, did this ever get resolved? Are we able to create an index-pattern that will search across clusters?

Thanks for checking. Just trying it on test clusters, cross-cluster-search index pattern on kibana just worked out of the box. Can you give it a try now?

If your latest try fails, can you share your latest setup info (OpenSearch version, screenshot of index pattern setup page, observed etc) so we can investigate this further if this is still an issue?

1 Like