JavaDoc webpage not updated

Hi,

it seems that JavaDoc page hasn’t been update for a while. As of writing 1.1.0 is the latest version of JavaDoc available. Is there anything I can do to help with this? Can we update JavaDoc with every release automatically?

Regards,
Lukáš

1 Like

@bbarani and @searchymcsearchface ^

Publishing corresponding JavaDoc should just be incorporated into the SOP for every minor-version or major-version release. Thanks for the catch, @lukas-vlcek .

1 Like

Yeah, that’s a good catch.

Correct me if I’m wrong but JavaDocs should only really need to be updated on minors? Patches should never need a JavaDoc update.

@AMoo-Miki would actually be the correct person to deal with the update. It’s just a matter of running a script. It was moved out of the website and doc build process as it generates 100,000s of pages :flushed:

I managed to resolve the technical challenges preventing us from automating the release of JavaDocs.
Now on, with every change pushed to project-website:prod, the release tags on OpenSearch are queried and the two are used to determine if a change impacting JavaDocs has occurred. With every new release, the website is always updated to announce it and that triggers the JavaDocs creation.

Thanks Lukáš for the nudge.

3 Likes