Is there any way to send the reports to email addresses

Hi Team,

Is there any way to send the reports to email address on a predefined schedule? Wondering if through API or any setting that needs to be enabled

TIA
Blason R

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Really this is not possible to send the reports over email automatically?

Hello,

As per the github it seems the reports can be sent out through email but dang I am not able to figure it out how.

Scheduled reports can be sent to (shared with) self or various stakeholders within the organization such as, including but not limited to, executives, managers, engineers (developers, DevOps, IT Engineer) in the form of pdf, hyperlinks, csv, excel via various channels such as email, slack, Amazon Chime. However, in order to export, schedule and share reports, report owners should have the necessary permissions as defined under Roles and Privileges.

Hello Blason,

Did you had any luck with this?, I am on the same boat.

Hi Blason,

Did you get a workaround for this? I cant seem to find how to send scheduled reports via email…

Nope - I still can not fetch the reports via email.

Hello All,
I am also on the same page.
In the process of finding the workaround, I have generated scheduled reports for the dashboard in PNG format by using reporting application in Kibana.

I also observed that .opendistro-reports-instances index is updating based on report generation. So I thought to access or search .opendistro-reports-instances system index using REST APIs, but I couldn’t access the system indices and they are hidden.

If any one have idea on accessing the hidden index would be appreciated.

Regards!
Rakesh

Hi guys,

Can some please respond, I am still looking for a solution/workaround on this.

Thanks,
Rakesh Rayabarapu

Hello guys ,
Is there a possibility to generate copy post url in opendistro
Thanks !

Regards.
KARIM

Was wondering if it is possible to send reports through alerting feature?

it it is possible yes please

https://github.com/opensearch-project/dashboards-reports/issues/72

Thanks all for the great feedback. As we make progress on emailing reports. Do you envision that all users will be able to email reports to colleagues, any limitations for specific use cases? Would love to hear more about the specific pain points? Is there interest in the functionality being available in the UI as well as via a service ([FEATURE] Reporting Anything · Issue #345 · opensearch-project/dashboards-reports · GitHub)?

Hi all,
I’m using OSD 1.2.0
Opensearch Reporting scheduler not working with E-mails.
Don’t want to add emails to my settings everytime a report has to be sent over a new email address.
Anyworkaround?

Hello All,

Are we still on the same page or we found any solution.

Thanks,
Kishore

Any progress on scheduled email for reports ?

Hi I am also looking for the same feature to attach a report in email. I used to do this in Elasticsearch watcher like below, please help if you have any relevant in opensearch.

"actions": {
    "send_email": {
      "email": {
        "profile": "standard",
        "to": ["myemail@example.com"],
        "subject": "My Report",
        "attachments": {
          "report.pdf": {
            "reporting": {
              "url": "http://localhost:5601/api/reporting/generate/printablePdf",
              "retries": 3,
              "interval": "10s",
              "headers": {
                "kbn-xsrf": "reporting",
                "Content-Type": "application/json"
              },
              "method": "POST",
              "body": {
                "jobParams": {
                  "searchSource": {
                    "query": {
                      "match_all": {}