Integration test with opensearch and Test Container

Hello everyone,
I’m working on an integration test in my java application using TestContainer to deploy a temporary opensearch envirovment.

Unfortunately my test case require an initialization of an index with a lot of documents (let’s say 1M).

I’m trying to indexing this data performing a “_bulk” request for 50K docs in ndjson body format with lowlevel client. This operation require a lot of time on my machine probably 30 min or more (I wasn’t able to finish the startup). At this point I’m here to ask you: which is the best way to achive this?

My idea is to create a replicable test but at this point I’m not sure that can be done.

I’m listening for every suggestion or tools that I don’t know.
Thanks

Hi @jluca ,

I would suggest at least 2 approaches to consider:

• prepare snapshot and restore the container’s data from the snapshot before running tests
  • prepare own image with desired OpenSearch version and the data so container starts with data

Thank you.

Thank you @reta for your answer.
I think that the snapshot solution you suggest is the way as It’s possible to replicate the complete envirovment in 30 seconds.

Thank you again

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.