Failed to build ccr plugin on es7.10 branch

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

Gradle Version        : 6.8.3
  OS Info               : Windows 10 10.0 (amd64)
  JDK Version           : 15 (Zulu JDK)
  JAVA_HOME             : C:\Users\yangb\.jdks\azul-15.0.9
  Random Testing Seed   : D51FEAC79CEBF6B3
  In FIPS 140 mode      : false

Describe the issue:

I pulled the ES7.10 branch of the CCR plugin on my local machine and attempted to build it using the command “.\gradlew.bat -x test -x integTest clean build.”
However, the build failed, and the following errors were reported: " Too many arguments for public open fun getHistoryOperations"

I examined the source code and found that the method com.amazon.elasticsearch.replication.seqno.RemoteClusterTranslogService#getHistoryOfOperations calls the org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard#getHistoryOperations method. However, in Elasticsearch, this method does not accept the toSeqNo parameter expected by the CCR plugin.

Additionally, the IndexReplicationTask expects Elasticsearch to include the following parameter. However, in the actual ES 7.10 branch, this parameter IndexSettings.INDEX_PLUGINS_REPLICATION_TRANSLOG_RETENTION_LEASE_PRUNING_ENABLED_SETTING does not exist.

Therefore, may I inquire whether the es7.10 branch of the CCR plugin is available to the public? If so, how can it be built?

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

> Task :compileKotlin FAILED
e: C:\Codes\ccr-latest\cross-cluster-replication\src\main\kotlin\com\amazon\elasticsearch\replication\seqno\RemoteClusterTranslogService.kt: (29, 112): Too many arguments for public open fun getHistoryOperations(p0: String!, p1: Engine.HistorySource!, p2: Long): Translog.Snapshot! defined in org.elasticsearch.index.shard.IndexShard
e: C:\Codes\ccr-latest\cross-cluster-replication\src\main\kotlin\com\amazon\elasticsearch\replication\task\index\IndexReplicationTask.kt: (146, 31): Unresolved reference: INDEX_PLUGINS_REPLICATION_TRANSLOG_RETENTION_LEASE_PRUNING_ENABLED_SETTING
e: C:\Codes\ccr-latest\cross-cluster-replication\src\main\kotlin\com\amazon\elasticsearch\replication\task\index\IndexReplicationTask.kt: (802, 36): Unresolved reference: INDEX_PLUGINS_REPLICATION_TRANSLOG_RETENTION_LEASE_PRUNING_ENABLED_SETTING

:pleading_face: anyone?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.