CCR stopped working after 3 days, what can I do?

OpenSearch 2.4 (running in docker)

I am trying to use CCR autofollow, to replicate indices. After around 3 days the replication seemingly stopped working and I can’t figure out why. I tried deleting and recreating the autofollow rule, but it did not resolve the issue. I tried to start replication manually for an index that should be replicated by the autofollow rule and I get this response:

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "uninitialized_property_access_exception",
        "reason" : "lateinit property leaderIndex has not been initialized"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "uninitialized_property_access_exception",
    "reason" : "lateinit property leaderIndex has not been initialized"
  },
  "status" : 500
}

Any ideas? What should I be looking for?

(Btw, I am deleting replicated indices with a script after they leader dosen’t exist anymore, I guess this should not cause problems, as this happens through OpenSearch API)

Edit: the “lateinit property leaderIndex has not been initialized” problem was my fault, I accidentally left the body of the API call empty and that caused this error. So I am able to start replication by hand. The auto follow is not working tho.

Can you verify whether the autofollow task is running correctly by following the below steps:

• Run the _tasks API to check whether the autofollow task is running
_cat/tasks?v&actions=cluster:admin/plugins/replication/autofollow\[c\]&detailed
  • Run the autofollow_stats API and check whether the last_execution_time in the response is recent.

If the above checks confirm that autofollow task is running then looking into the logs to see any error in starting replication through autofollow.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.