Error when installing beat to opensearch dashboard

Hello,

I want to set up an opensearch environment which reads data from logstash which gets it data through elastic beats. I’ve found that the route I want to take should be compatible (with some settings): Agents and ingestion tools - OpenSearch documentation

I’ve set up an opensearch 1.3 domain through AWS with compatibility mode. The API of opensearch is returning the correct version, 7.10.2. So this should be set up correctly.

On a server which I want to run metricbeat on, I’ve installed the 7.12.1 version successfully. It seems to connect to the opensearch domain without issues, but when running the setup it’s returning this error: Exiting: error connecting to Kibana: fail to get the Kibana version: fail to parse kibana version (): Passed version is not semver.

From what I’m seeing in the dashboard, it should be V 1.3.2, which should be a semver. I think I’m doing something wrong, or have a setting misconfigured. I’m not using logstash with the beats yet, I’m only trying to install the dashboard to opensearch.

My metricbeat.yml looks like this:

setup.ilm.enabled: false
setup.template.enabled: false

metricbeat.config.modules:
  path: ${path.config}/modules.d/*.yml
  reload.enabled: false

setup.template.settings:
  index.number_of_shards: 1
  index.codec: best_compression

setup.kibana:
  host: "https://secret.eu-west-1.es.amazonaws.com:443/_dashboards"
  username: "secret"
  password: "secret"

output.elasticsearch:
  hosts: ["secret.eu-west-1.es.amazonaws.com:443"]
  protocol: "https"
  username: "secret"
  password: "secret"

processors:
  - add_host_metadata: ~
  - add_cloud_metadata: ~
  - add_docker_metadata: ~
  - add_kubernetes_metadata: ~

I can’t find anything online with people experiencing the same as I am. Is there something I’m doing wrong or is the setup I’m going for just not going to work.

I believe this is not related to reporting? But I see it was tagged as reporting

I am running into the same error, did you manage to work around it?