Did an internal AWS version update of EK from 7.1 to 7.10 - Can't access anymore

I did an internal upgrade of AWS Elasticsearch from 7.1 to 7.10. The docs suggested this should be seemless. It appeared so on the console. All went well I could see the version green checked at 7.10.

However, I could no longer access Kibana. There was no mention of changing URLs or anything like that.

Interestingly about 12 hours later I could access Kibana with all the original tools and URLs. I assumed that I should have access as soon as AWS displayed that the search was active.

What did they do that they did not tell me about?

Hello @gyannea - is this for the AWS Service?

At the moment it is, though I am using 7.10.2 on AWS. If OpenSearch adds this feature will will likely make the effort to move to the latest version of OpenSearch. That move will require a bit of work.

I would recommend contacting AWS for this one as I wouldn’t have any insights to what happened on the service.

For the feature - would recommend opening a feature request against the appropriate repository so the team can work on it: OpenSearch Project · GitHub

thank you

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.