Default Tenant - Kibana

Hello!

Is there a way to set a default tenant to a user?
For example, if a user has the Private Tenant, Global Tenant and Custom Tenant, is there a way that everytime that the user logs in kibana the Custom Tenant is already selected?

Thanks!

also want to know this

I believe the order of the tenants in the opendistro_security.multitenancy.tenants.preferred setting (within the Kibana config file) will determine the “default” tenant.

For example, I believer a setting like this:
opendistro_security.multitenancy.tenants.preferred: ["Global","Private"]
makes the “Global” tenant the default tenant for all users. A user can change that once they log into Kibana. Not sure how (or even if it is possible) you change it for individual users programmatically. I suspect the preferred tenant is stored in a cookie in their browser.

@gferrette @debu99 @GSmith Using only one tenant in opendistro_security.multitenancy.tenants.preferred: ["tenant_name"] works, but it’s possible that the newly created tenant’s name needs to be in lowercase letters. The Global tenant worked as default by just removing Private.

It seems to be the most requested feature ATM: https://github.com/opendistro-for-elasticsearch/security-kibana-plugin/issues/74