Top selling products

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser): OpenSearch 2.9.0

Describe the issue:
Hello everyone,
I’m currently working on creating a table visualization to display my top-selling products. Specifically, I need to showcase the product_id, product_name, and the total number of units sold for each product. Within my data, I have a nested field called product_items, which includes information such as product_name, product_id, and the quantity sold per order for each product. How can I best structure this visualization to achieve my goal? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

@kris1 Have you tried using a saved search from discover to display this?

1 Like

While reviewing the suggestions, I noticed that some fields within the object are missing in the ‘Discover Available Fields’ section. This appears to be due to the fact that the product_items field is of type ‘nested.’ Furthermore, when attempting to select a term in the table visualization, I’ve noticed that these fields (product_id, product_name, etc.) are missing.

I have another index without the mapping for product_items, and in that index, I can see these fields in the table visualization. However, when I attempt to split by ‘id’ and ‘name,’ it seems like there’s some sort of combination happening between the names and IDs.

I’ve attached some images to provide a clearer understanding of the issue.

Regarding the fields that show a question mark: That indicates that new data fields have been added to your indices which have not been introduced to Dashboards. Please edit your Index Pattern and hit the tiny Refresh icon on the top right.

I have some screenshots and a more detailed answer here.

1 Like