Tableau connecting to ES

Hello everyone,

We are trying to connect Tableau to ES server having OSS 7.6.1 ES with OpenDistro version 1.6.0.0
Can anyone please tell any way how to connect Tableau to ES server with above version?

Thanks,
Karan

Hi @kjain14,

I don’t believe there’s a Tableau connector for OpenDistro.

The OpenSearch connector may work, however changes were made to the SQL plugin as part of connector development, so you may run into showstopper bugs.

The OpenSearch connector can be found here. Instructions for how to install it are here.

ok. Can anyone please share a link to download OpenDistro ODBC Driver with version 1.10.1.1 ? It looks like OpenDistro ODBC Driver with version 1.10.1.1 can be used to connect Tableau with ES server having OSS 7.6.1 ES with OpenDistro version 1.6.0.0

I don’t know where to find a specific version of OpenDistro binaries.

Maybe @kris can help?

1 Like

Looking into this and will keep you posted.

1 Like

@kjain14 - I have sent you an email with the requested information.

@kris I do not know the previous link of OpenDistro ODBC driver with version 1.10.1.1 . Can you please provide me previous link?

I am also trying to get hold of the Windows binary release of Open Distro for Elasticsearch ODBC Driver (sql/README.md at develop · opendistro-for-elasticsearch/sql · GitHub).

The installable .msi file does not seem to be available as a download - can anyone supply a link or suggest an alternative that will work with ODFE 1.13.3.

Thank, Will.