PPL: no handler found for uri [/_plugins/_ppl] and method [POST], this query is not runnable

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

OpenSearch / Dashboards 2.13.0

Describe the issue:

I am able to review and filter logs just fine in Discover but when I try to use PPL in Logs under Observability I get the following error when I try to execute any query:

PPL query fetch err:  StatusCodeError: no handler found for uri [/_plugins/_ppl] and method [POST]
    at respond (/opensearch/opensearch-dashboards-2.13.0/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:349:15)
    at checkRespForFailure (/opensearch/opensearch-dashboards-2.13.0/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/transport.js:306:7)
    at HttpConnector.<anonymous> (/opensearch/opensearch-dashboards-2.13.0/node_modules/elasticsearch/src/lib/connectors/http.js:173:7)
    at IncomingMessage.wrapper (/opensearch/opensearch-dashboards-2.13.0/node_modules/lodash/lodash.js:4991:19)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:events:529:35)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (node:domain:489:12)
    at endReadableNT (node:internal/streams/readable:1400:12)
    at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:82:21) {
  displayName: 'BadRequest',
  path: '/_plugins/_ppl',
  query: {},
  body: {
    error: 'no handler found for uri [/_plugins/_ppl] and method [POST]'
  },
  statusCode: 400,
  response: '{"error":"no handler found for uri [/_plugins/_ppl] and method [POST]"}',
  toString: [Function (anonymous)],
  toJSON: [Function (anonymous)]
}

Configuration:

opensearch.yml

cluster.name: AcmeLogging
node.name: acme-logging
path.data: /data/persistent
network.host: 0.0.0.0
discovery.seed_hosts: ["acme-logging"]
cluster.initial_master_nodes: ["acme-logging"]

opensearch_dashboards.yml

server.host: 0.0.0.0

opensearch.hosts: [http://localhost:9200]
server.basePath: "/admin/dashboard"
server.rewriteBasePath: false
opensearch.ssl.verificationMode: none

Could you check if the sql plugin is installed in your OpenSearch cluster?

GET _cat/plugins

I double checked the Dockerfile that builds our opensearch image and saw that the sql plugin was being removed. That might have been done a while ago due to a security vulnerability. Once I re-added it the Observability tools started working. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.