Migrating data from local Elasticsearch (7.15.2) setup to AWS OpenSearch (1.3)

Hello ,
I currently have an On-premise setup of Elasticsearch 7.15.2 and wish to move to AWS OpenSearch on cloud. Due to the incompatibility in version , data migration using snapshots or rolling upgrades are not possible. Hence using the remote re-index was considered to migrate the data residing in remote Elasticsearch to AWS OpenSearch . The below query was executed in OpenSearch DEV TOOLS .

But the following error was displayed after the query was executed .
{
{
“error” : {
“root_cause” : [
{
“type” : “illegal_argument_exception”,
“reason” : “Invalid remote host:[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]”
}
],
“type” : “illegal_argument_exception”,
“reason” : “Invalid remote host:[xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]”
},
“status” : 400
}
}

Kindly help me figure out the solution to the problem I’m facing here with respect to accessing my remote Elasticsearch setup from the AWS OpenSearch setup.

I am not entirely sure that is the issue, but Elastic Co. Has taken several anti-competitive measures to prevent people from moving to Opensearch (such as implementing a check for the Elastic slogan in the cluster responses, while entirely locking the discussion about it in any public forum of theirs, and with no other added features)
Try using the “compatibility.override_main_response_version” setting on an Opensearch 1.x cluster first, and then follow by another upgrade to 2.x if needed.