Managing internal users in a cluster deployed with k8s/helm

**On behalf of a user of https://opensearch.slack.com/archives/C051Y637FKK **

“Hello everyone, I deployed Opensearch with k8s, but how I can manage internal users because I looked users which I created from Opensearch Dashboard from internal_users.yaml in pod, I dont see any new users execpt build in users. Could you tell me where Can I find them? Thanks”

Hi Nguyễn Hữu Khôi,

it seems like you created your internal users via the GUI in OpenSearch Dashboards - in the Security configuration page. Was that indeed the case?
If not, could you please describe the procedure you followed to define your internal users?

Any changes you apply to your configuration via the GUI in OSD are not replicated to any of the .yml files. Those changes are applied only to the .opendistro_security index.

If you want to get a copy of your current configuration from the .opendistro_security index into local files, you can use the -backup switch when calling securityadmin.sh.

Please take a look at the docs, here:

1 Like

Hello, Thank you for your quick helping.
I missed that mail. Sorry so much.
I created user via OP Dashboard and I want to check where is users stored. Can we extract opendistro_security to see Opensearch Dashboard users?

Hi nguyenhuukhoinw,

Yes, you can extract users stored in .opendistro_security index.
Please NOTE: you must use an admin certificate to query the .opendistro_security index.

Do not hesitate to let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,
Mantas