How to modify the RCF hyperparameters in the anomaly detection such as num_trees?

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):
Opensearch 2.6.0

Describe the issue:
I want to modify the hyperparameters in the anomaly detection.
In anomaly detection in aws opensearch, we use the RCF algorithm, however, in order to improve the accuracy of the detector, I want to modify the hyperparameters in the RCF algorithm, such as num_trees. but I did not find in the official documentation, will be able to modify the hyperparameters in the anomaly detection. How can I do this? How do I modify it? If so, can you provide me with the corresponding RESTful api or corresponding configuration file for the modification process?
Thank you very much!

Configuration:

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

Hey @Maul,

Currently we don’t allow users to configure parameters like the number of trees used by RCF. The different advanced settings we allow users to configure are listed here Settings - OpenSearch documentation.

There are also additional settings that are missing from the documentation that we will add shortly (These don’t include many changes to the parameters of RCF though). If you want to quickly view all the dynamic settings we have you can take a look at any setting in this file (anomaly-detection/AnomalyDetectorSettings.java at main · opensearch-project/anomaly-detection · GitHub)
with the Setting.Property.Dynamic argument. For example:

public static final Setting<TimeValue> COOLDOWN_MINUTES = Setting
        .positiveTimeSetting(
            "plugins.anomaly_detection.cooldown_minutes",
            LegacyOpenDistroAnomalyDetectorSettings.COOLDOWN_MINUTES,
            Setting.Property.NodeScope,
            Setting.Property.Dynamic
        );

We will do our best to quickly update the settings in our official documentation.
If you there are other parameters you think should be editable to users you should open up an issue on AD’s Github repo so we can continue the discussion, if you would like, I can also open up the issue and you can add additional comments/responses.

1 Like

Your answer is very helpful. I’m not going to change the RCF hyperparameter about number of trees.
Thank you very much.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.