Helm Chart / Kubernetes

Hi All,

Great work on the Helm Chart: https://github.com/opensearch-project/opensearch-devops/tree/main/Helm

Can anyone tell me if the chart can be adapted to run with a single core? We have a need to run opensearch with a single core in staging and then causal cluster (3 core) in production.

Any advice appreciated.

James

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if the chart can be adapted to run with a single core? We have a need to run opensearch with a single core in staging and then causal cluster (3 core) in production.

By single core do you mean a single node cluster with one node being the master as well as data? if yes then yes you can run it on staging and 3 nodes on production(with any permutation of roles).

Hi there Dhiraj

What would be the helm setting for one core please?

When i change number of cores to 1 the pod goes into a CrashLoop - am I missing another setting?

Thanks,
James

Hi James,

You need to change the replicas to 1 for a single core cluster. By the way there can be n number of reasons for facing this issues which can be not related to the Helm chart. It will be great if you try checking why is this happening by describing the pods. Also just wanted to know if you are facing same issues with 3 node cluster or not?
Thanks

Hi there Dhiraj

Thank you for your reply.

It turns out that our node has insufficient memory (RAM).

Is there anyway we can adapt the helm chart so that opensearch claims less memory?

James