[Error] Failed to load destinations, Failed to create monitor

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

Describe the issue:
I am attempting to create a monitor and set up a trigger/action with it. I am creating a per query monitor. When I select Add Trigger, the error message

‘Failed to load the destinations
[alerting_exception] all shards failed’ displays.

If i continue and create the trigger and action, when selecting 'Create Monitor" this error displays

‘Failed to create the monitor
[alerting_exception] the [enabled]
parameter can’t be updated for the object
mapping [metadata.last_run_context]’

The indexes I am querying all do this. Either single indexes, groups. In the logs I can see the indexes created.
Configuration:

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:
[root@search.x.x ~]# cat /var/log/opensearch/opensearch.log | grep shard

[2023-02-16T00:00:00,032][INFO ][o.o.c.m.MetadataCreateIndexService] [search.x.x] [sprod-audit-2023.02.16] creating index, cause [auto(bulk api)], templates , shards [1]/[1]

[2023-02-16T00:00:00,054][INFO ][o.o.c.m.MetadataCreateIndexService] [search.x.x] [sdev-audit-2023.02.16] creating index, cause [auto(bulk api)], templates , shards [1]/[1]

[2023-02-16T00:00:00,369][INFO ][o.o.c.m.MetadataCreateIndexService] [search.x.x] [vsat-rsyslog-2023.02.16] creating index, cause [auto(bulk api)], templates , shards [1]/[1]

[2023-02-16T00:00:01,813][INFO ][o.o.c.m.MetadataCreateIndexService] [search.x.x] [vsat-audit-2023.02.16] creating index, cause [auto(bulk api)], templates , shards [1]/[1]

[2023-02-16T08:43:20,506][ERROR][o.o.a.u.AlertingException] [search.x.x] Alerting error: Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed; shardFailures {[ngKgYFiwQHSJofMutxZPSQ][.opendistro-alerting-config][0]: RemoteTransportException[[search.x.x][10.68.x.x:9300][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]]; nested: QueryShardException[No mapping found for [destination.name.keyword] in order to sort on]; }

org.opensearch.alerting.util.AlertingException: all shards failed

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.opensearch.action.search.SearchPhaseExecutionException: all shards failed

[2023-02-16T08:44:18,234][ERROR][o.o.a.u.AlertingException] [search.x.x] Alerting error: Failed to execute phase [query], all shards failed; shardFailures {[ngKgYFiwQHSJofMutxZPSQ][.opendistro-alerting-config][0]: RemoteTransportException[[search.x.x][10.68.x.x:9300][indices:data/read/search[phase/query]]]; nested: QueryShardException[No mapping found for [destination.name.keyword] in order to sort on]; }

org.opensearch.alerting.util.AlertingException: all shards failed

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: org.opensearch.action.search.SearchPhaseExecutionException: all shards failed

org.opensearch.action.search.SearchPhaseExecutionException: all shards failed

Het @bostl

This error occurs because the sort part of your search request includes a field that is not yet mapped in the index (either dynamically, when the first document containing that field gets indexed, or explicitly, by defining the index’s schema beforehand). So Im assuming this might be something with the mapping on the index set, just a guess.

you can execute something like this to find out more.

curl  -XGET http://localhost:9200/_cluster/allocation/explain?pretty
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.