Constraining few objects in opensearchn

Hello

I am having issue with mapper_parsing. Error states that, ““reason”=>“object mapping for [kubernetes.labels.app] tried to parse field [app] as object, but found a concrete value”}”. Because of this, alot of the logs aren’t being pushed to OpenSearch.

ERROR:
“2022-10-04 03:04:53 +0000 [error]: #0 [out_os] Could not push log to Elasticsearch: {“took”=>4, “errors”=>true, “items”=>[{“index”=>{”_index"=>“”, “_type”=>“_doc”, “_id”=>“hGn0oIMB7e53OWfmE5-p”, “status”=>400, “error”=>{“type”=>“mapper_parsing_exception”, “reason”=>“object mapping for [kubernetes.labels.app] tried to parse field [app] as object, but found a concrete value”}}}, {“index”=>{“_index”=>“”, “_type”=>“_doc”, “_id”=>“hWn0oIMB7e53OWfmE5-p”, “status”=>400, “error”=>{“type”=>“mapper_parsing_exception”, “reason”=>“object mapping for [kubernetes.labels.app] tried to parse field [app] as object, but found a concrete value”}}}, {“index”=>{“_index”=>“”, “_type”=>“_doc”, “_id”=>“hmn0oIMB7e53OWfmE5-p”, “status”=>400, “error”=>{“type”=>“mapper_parsing_exception”, “reason”=>“object mapping for [kubernetes.labels.app] tried to parse field [app] as object, but found a concrete value”}}}]}"

I have tried couple of things.
1.tried to rename the key name from fluentd to “rename_key” → did not work

<filter kubernetes.var.log.containers.**.log>
@type rename_key
enable_ruby true
rename_rule1 cdn-proxy-(.+) cdn-proxy
rename_rule2 (\s.+) input
</filter>
  1. tried to remove all the key names conflicting with the “kubernetes.labels.app” like “kubernetes.labels.app.kubernetes.io/instance,kubernetes.labels.app.kubernetes.io/managed-by,kubernetes.labels.app.kubernetes.io/name…”. but, then all the logs from the application got stopped
<filter pattern>
  @type record_modifier

# remove key1 and key2 keys from record
  remove_keys key1,key2
</filter>
  1. From Dev tools, tried creating templates like this:
PUT _index_template/celia-template
{
  "index_patterns": [
    "index-pattern*"
  ],
  "template": {
    "mappings": {
      "properties": {
        "kubernetes.labels.app": {
          "type": "object"
        }
      }
    }
  },
  "priority": 200,
  "version": 3,
  "_meta": {
    "description": "using component templates"
  }
}

4.Tried to ingest pipe line:

PUT _ingest/pipeline/my_rename_pipeline
{
  "description" : "describe pipeline",
  "processors" : [
    {
      "rename": {
        "field": "fieldCamelcase",
        "target_field": "fieldCamelCase"
      }
    }
  ]
}

None of the options helped me. Could anyone please let me know, if there is any option for blocking certain objects(key-value pairs) or overcoming this issue for logs from kubernetes to OpenSearch via fluentd and get remaining part of the logs.

Thank you in advance

I am having same exact issue. Appreciate any help.

My setup fluentbit —> fluentd —> kafka <---- Logstash pulls logs and send it to —> OpenSearch

Error:
“status”=>400, “error”=>{“type”=>“mapper_parsing_exception”, “reason”=>“Co]. Existing mapping for [kubernetes.labels.app] must be of type object but found [text].”}}}}

Was there any resolution or work around to this issue? I am having the exact same problem now. Thanks.