CCS setup for kubernetes clusters

Hey folks! I’m new to Opensearch and I have some questions:

• I found that is necessary TLS/SSL to communicate with Opensearch api outside the cluster. Can I disabled this configuration for development purpose?

• Cross cluster search: which port is necessary? Sometimes I read that is necessary port 9400 ( from elastic documentation here ) and others I see how-tos than use 9300 port. I also read that is necessary a proxy configuration read here So, is a little bit confuse for me.

Thanks!

I found that is necessary TLS/SSL to communicate with Opensearch api outside the cluster. Can I disabled this configuration for development purpose?

For the development purposes, if the certs are same for the clusters, the communication should go through without explicit update. It is recommended to not disable this configuration.

Cross cluster search: which port is necessary? Sometimes I read that is necessary port 9400 ( from elastic documentation here ) and others I see how-tos than use 9300 port. I also read that is necessary a proxy configuration read here So, is a little bit confuse for me.

Yes, the default is 9300 (unless it is changed in the cluster configuration). All the cross cluster communication happens over transport and needs remote cluster nodes to be available for communication from source cluster. If the remote cluster nodes are not reachable directly, the nodes can be behind proxy and this can be used for remote cluster configuration.

thanks @pab47deg for taking interest, Let me know, If you have more questions.