Any alternative for hot-warm arch without ISM plugin?

I wanted to create a hot-warm arch in my opensearch cluster, because it wanted to increase my read and write performance fast, But ism plugin is not availbale for v2.x
So how to achieve hot-warm arch in my env.

Thanks in advance

@shivam.tiwari :wave:
You can achieve it by using index aliases is a good approach to achieving a hot-warm architecture in OpenSearch v2.x. You can create an alias called “hot” that points to your active indices, and an alias called “warm” that points to your older, less frequently accessed indices. By doing this, you can route read and write requests to the appropriate alias based on your use case.

Hii @ilyas Please look this error while creating index template .

{
  "error" : {
    "root_cause" : [
      {
        "type" : "invalid_index_template_exception",
        "reason" : "index_template [my_index_template] invalid, cause [Validation Failed: 1: unknown setting [index.lifecycle.name] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings;2: expected [index.lifecycle.name] to be private but it was not;]"
      }
    ],
    "type" : "invalid_index_template_exception",
    "reason" : "index_template [my_index_template] invalid, cause [Validation Failed: 1: unknown setting [index.lifecycle.name] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings;2: expected [index.lifecycle.name] to be private but it was not;]"
  },
  "status" : 400
}

Define an index template that specifies the allocation rules for your indices based on the node attributes. Use the index.routing.allocation settings in your index template:

PUT _template/my_index_template
{
  "index_patterns": ["my_index-*"],
  "settings": {
    "number_of_shards": 3,
    "number_of_replicas": 1,
    "index.routing.allocation.include.data": "hot"
  }
}

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.