Anomaly detection api that lists all detectors

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):

• OpenSearch 2.8.0
  • OpenSearch Dashboards: 2.8.0

Describe the issue:

While reading documentation from Anomaly detection - OpenSearch documentation , the profile API is referenced. However, i cannot find a clear way to obtain a list of detectors using the OpenSearch api (NOT the opensearch dashboards api). The reason i’m asking is so that i can more clearly document these steps (internal documentation). While opensearch dashbaords does “solve” this problem, i cannot assume that the reader will have this installed and it shouldn’t be a requirement to return a list of detectors.

I read through the api documentation and searched the internet but couldn’t find anything. The closest i could find was the search api for anomaly detectors but i had issues with this: 1. it requires a POST request which greatly increases its complexity (can’t just use a web browser), 2. it didn’t return the correct (expected) results, for example when searching for a wildcard *

Hopefully this makes sense. It does appear elastic proper have added ml entry points to their _cat api.

Configuration:

Relevant Logs or Screenshots:

To get a list of detectors, I usually use

POST _plugins/_anomaly_detection/detectors/_search
{
  "query": {
    "wildcard": {
      "indices": {
        "value": "*"
      }
    }
  },
  "size": 1000
}

Yes, this is not browser friendly. Feel free to create github issue in AD repo for the _cat api.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.