Register Custom Field Format Editor (index pattern management)

Versions (relevant - OpenSearch/Dashboard/Server OS/Browser):
Opensearch Dashboard v2.3.1

Describe the issue:
Hello Team, I am having issues with registering a custom field format editor. I am currently migrating a plugin from kibana to opensearch dashboard.

While I manage to add the menu in the format options (screenshot > A)

public setup(
    core: CoreSetup,
    plugins: { navigation: any; data: DataPublicPluginStart }
  ): DrillDownMenuPluginSetup {
    // register drill down menu format
    plugins.data.fieldFormats.register([DrillFormat]);
  }

I could not register the editor when Drill Down menu is selected

Below I believe is the old way of doing it but I could not register the editor as I could not locate or find RegistryFieldFormatEditorsProvider or it’s counterpart in opensearch dashboard.

import { RegistryFieldFormatEditorsProvider } from 'ui/registry/field_format_editors';

RegistryFieldFormatEditorsProvider.register(() => DrillDownFormatEditor);

Editor should look something like this once Drill Down is selected from the format field (screenshot > B)

I’m able to resolve it for my case

public setup(
    core: CoreSetup,
    plugins: {
      navigation: any;
      data: DataPublicPluginStart;
      indexPatternManagement: FieldFormatEditorProps;
    }
  ): DrillDownMenuPluginSetup {
    plugins.indexPatternManagement.fieldFormatEditors.register(DrillDownFormatEditor);
    return {};
  }

Line below registers a format editor where DrillFormat is a class that extends FieldFormat class found in “OpenSearch-Dashboards/src/plugins/data/common/field_formats/field_format.ts”
Screenshot > A

This line is the actual component being shown from the Screenshot > B when selecting the drilldown menu

plugins.indexPatternManagement.fieldFormatEditors.register(DrillDownFormatEditor);

Your format option need to have an unique id. Selecting an option from format Dropdown list will load the format editor that matches the formatId of selected format option