OpenSearch Community Meeting - 2023-0627

OpenSearch Community Meeting - 2023-0627 - Hope we see you all there!
note, this was orinally scheduled for 2023-0620 - please update your calendars

Agenda:

• Future vision for Dashboards (RFC 4298) - Kroosh & Kevin, UX & Dashboards team
  • TBD

Date: Tue, June 27, 2023
Time: 03:00 (UTC -8)

Event page
Meetup page

Meeting Link

Meeting ID: 894 2535 2972
Passcode: 239444

Would you like to present? Tag @kris @dtaivpp @nateynate and we’ll work to get you added to the agenda!

Feel free to comment on this agenda before the meeting if you want to add an item or have a question.

After the meeting, we will post the chat log and any meeting notes. We welcome you to keep the conversation going here on the forum.

========
By joining the OpenSearch Community Meeting, you grant OpenSearch, and our affiliates the right to record, film, photograph, and capture your voice and image during the OpenSearch Community Meeting (the “Recordings”). You grant to us an irrevocable, nonexclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, distribute, and translate, for any purpose, all or any part of the Recordings and Your Materials. For example, we may distribute Recordings or snippets of Recordings via our social media outlets.

Still looking for presenters! Add a note - we’d love to have you present

@kris Is this meeting really scheduled for 03:00 (i.e. 3 AM) PDT? The posting on opensearch.com says 15:00 (3 PM), which seems more likely. :wink:

Definitely 3PM :smiley: – though we may have to cancel this one as David, Nate, and myself are traveling that week.

I was think the same this :laughing:

We moved this out a week from 6/20 to 6/27 :+1:

1 Like

Chat log:

14:57:18 From Kris Freedain to Waiting Room Participants:
Hello All - we’ll get going soon. Thanks for being here
15:04:09 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
:partying_face:
15:04:18 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
https://opensearchcon2023.splashthat.com/
15:04:35 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Slack workspace · OpenSearch
15:04:43 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
[RFC] Improving public engagement for OpenSearch release process · Issue #167 · opensearch-project/.github · GitHub
15:05:06 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Splitting up the server [META] Split and modularize the server monolith · Issue #8110 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch · GitHub
15:05:28 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Centralized Scheduled Job Identity Management [RFC] Centralized Scheduled Job Identity Management · Issue #2905 · opensearch-project/security · GitHub
15:05:44 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Future Vision for Dashboards [RFC] Future Vision for Dashboards · Issue #4298 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch-Dashboards · GitHub
15:08:44 From David Tippett to Everyone:
:hushed:
15:08:47 From David Tippett to Everyone:
:+1:
15:28:33 From Joshua Bright to Everyone:
I’m sure I missed the mention, but are we building this new experience to meet WCAG accessibility requirements out of the box? Lots of color callouts.
15:31:14 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Will light mode be available?
15:32:22 From Xenia Tupitsyna to Everyone:
Reacted to “Will light mode be a…” with :+1:
15:33:06 From Sean Neumann to Everyone:
Yes, light mode will be available, but we’re looking at dark mode by default or even matching system settings.
15:33:59 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Ok good - dark mode is an instant accessibility issue for me - have a very hard time reading a lot of the screen
15:35:41 From Xenia Tupitsyna to Everyone:
Love the contextual controls on the dashboard panels!
15:46:48 From Kroosh to Everyone:
[RFC] Future Vision for Dashboards · Issue #4298 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch-Dashboards · GitHub
15:47:03 From Kroosh to Everyone:
[RFC] Dashboards Modernization · Issue #4306 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch-Dashboards · GitHub
15:48:02 From Kroosh to Everyone:
User testing interest sign up: https://amazonmr.au1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_251DHi1opohhist
15:48:35 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
We welcome everyone’s feedback on those links - and we need testers to sign up!
15:49:14 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Project Roadmap: OpenSearch Project Roadmap · GitHub
15:51:15 From David Tippett to Everyone:
.kibana indicies :confused:
15:53:17 From Dave Lago (OpenSearch) to Everyone:
[META] Breaking changes in 3.0 · Issue #3351 · opensearch-project/OpenSearch · GitHub
15:53:27 From Dave Lago (OpenSearch) to Everyone:
I don’t know how thorough (or up to date) this tracker is
15:53:29 From Sean Neumann to Everyone:
Since Dashboards and the OpenSearch engine are currently version coupled… and since the engine has a much more clear definition of breaking, it will most likely be the engine breaking changes that would push the 3.0.
15:53:50 From Dave Lago (OpenSearch) to Everyone:
Label : Issues · opensearch-project/OpenSearch · GitHub
15:54:52 From Dave Lago (OpenSearch) to Everyone:
Ye Dashboards
15:55:08 From Sean Neumann to Everyone:
DaveBoards
15:55:14 From Kris Freedain to Everyone:
Reacted to “DaveBoards” with :rofl:
15:58:28 From Sean Neumann to Everyone:
+1 on creating a Dashboards SDK.
15:59:07 From Sean Neumann to Everyone:
Great job! This was great!